Labels

Saturday 8 June 2013

Apricot Bavarois with its Coulis

I got this recipe from The Montignac Diet Cookbook (p. 326) which I bought a few months ago and even thought I promised I will try all the recipes ... I didn't :) . Is never too late so I made this refreshing no bake apricot bavarois.




Ingredients for 4 servings :

  • 750 g apricots ( about 8 - 9 apricots)
  • 5 leaves of gelatine ( I used powdered 1 sachet about 12 g )
  • 250 ml milk 
  • 50 g sweetener or to taste plus 2 tbsp for the coulis 
  • 200 ml whipping cream
  • 50 ml cognac ( I used dark rum ) 
Cut the apricots in half and remove the stones. Place in a steamer with the skin side facing downwards and cook for about 7-10 min. Set aside and allow to cool .

Bring the milk to the boil and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Pour some water over the gelatine and leave to soak for 5 minutes then stir it into the milk until completely dissolved and set aside.

Mix the whipping cream with the sweetener and beat until stiff. Gently fold the whipped cream into the milk ( which started to set ) and add the cognac as well. If you like very sweet desserts now would be the time to add some more sweetener.

Dice half of the steamed apricots and add to the creamy mixture. Pour the mixture into 4 oiled ramekins and let it set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

Unmould and serve with a coulis made by combining the remaining apricots and 2 tbsp of sweetener into a food processor.


No comments:

Post a Comment